For todays audio assignment (4 stars)I created a commercial for the radio. I created this for my final assignment. So far created 5 (4 star) assignments is pretty rough, but I have managed to weave a better story because of it.
To start this project by going to Freesound and searching using the word “Beats”. I was looking for a beat just to be my voice to so it would really sound like a commercial. When I got to the web page with the beats on it I listened to a few but picked the best one off that page. I then downloaded the beat to my computer.
Then I opened the application Audacity (as you can see I have been working very hard on taking pictures of the steps I go though for previous projects)
To get the sound imported to Audacity I went through the process of open> then searching for the file to upload it to Audacity.
As soon as I hit the open button it was imported to the application. After that beat was imported i started the process of adding my voice. In this application to record a voice all you have to do is press record so I did that. I then figured out that it was probably better if I planed out what I had to say. So, on an envelope I first wrote “Come share in an adventure of a life time as we discover under the sea creatures of habit new discoveries such as the fly-dolphin and other rare mammals all at the Baltimore Aquarium for more info call 582-88-9234. I then tired again to record my voice so that it would end by the end of the beat but it did’t work, I tired just trying to speed up my talking that did’t work either. I was forced then to shorten what I was saying I took out useless phrases like “Come Share” and “of habit” I then added “Come have a” to the beginning. This actually worked better even though I still had to say it quickly. Finally, it worked and I was able to move on to the next step of saving the file and uploading it up to sound cloud. Saving the project was easy I went to the drop do File>Save As and then used the prompt.
After saving it to my computer I uploaded to Sound Cloud. I then found out that I had the wrong file extension because I had trouble uploading it so I pulled the Audacity program back up and the I pressed file>Export and exported it to a mp3. Then I repeated the upload process on Sound Cloud
This project really does’t hold any meaning really. It belongs to my story about a flydolphin, the only thoughts about this is that I probably need to be more careful about the mistakes I make. Mistakes can cost time which is precious especially when your trying to get a project done on time.